Four-figure claims from pets consuming everything from illegal drugs to razor blades
Eating without limits causes some crazy claims from a top US pet insurance. Embrace pet insurance picked the top 5 strangest things pets have eaten and the associated claims costs from over a thousand accident claims received annually – the costs for pet ingestion claims range from the lowest being $32 and the highest being $3,000.
Isabella, A Golden Retriever who became sick with THC intoxication, the active ingredient in marijuana was among the most expensive claims on the list. She was not alone in her illegal substance ingestion, Daisy, a mixed breed dog cost her owner $553 after munching on marijuana cookies.
Despite dogs dominating this list, one feline friend, Sappho, a Russian Blue cat that ingested a portion of a bra strap also made it onto the list.
Laura Bennett CEO & Co-Founder of Embrace commented, "Pets are inevitably going to get up to devious escapades; most owners do their best to keep furry loved ones safe but this list just goes to show that the dangers and risks to our pet's health often go beyond the boundaries of our imagination. Thankfully all these pets were lucky to have lived to fight another day."
The following list details the top 5 craziest things pets ingested and how expensive each were to put right.
These claims show that there are risks all around a pet's environment. Inanimate objects aside, there are also dangers associated with poisoning.
Worth a look in relation to this story: